Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

What color is your vaginal discharge?

Most vaginal discharge is normal especially if you are of childbearing age.

Glands in the cervix produce a clear vaginal discharge that keeps the vagina walls moist. The purpose of normal vaginal discharge is to clean and moisten the vagina and help to prevent and fight infections - much the same way that saliva cleans and regulates the environment of the mouth.

Normal vaginal discharge is sometimes white in color but can turn yellow when exposed to the air and leaves a yellow stain on the underwear.

A normal vaginal discharge has no odor (or very mild odor), causes no irritation and,  again, is usually whitish or clear. Although it's normal for the color, texture, and amount of vaginal fluids to vary, some changes in discharge may indicate a problem.

Normal vaginal discharges can vary somewhat in texture and color. They can be somewhat thin, sticky, and elastic or thick and gooey.

If you think you may have a problem, you should see a doctor as soon as possible. First, though, it helps to learn some of the differences between normal and abnormal vaginal discharge. This will help you to recognize changes that may occur.

Green vaginal discharge can be a sign of cervical disorder and requires the attention of your physician. A green vaginal discharge may be due to a sexually transmitted disease such as Trichonomis, particularly in women with multiple sexual partners. The vaginal discharge resulting from Trichonomis is often frothy and can range in color from gray to green to yellow, with a watery to milky consistency.

A yellow-green vaginal discharge could also be due to Gonorrhea, a sexually transmitted disease (STD) caused by a bacteria. The bacteria can be passed from one person to another through vaginal, oral, or anal sex, even when the person who is infected has no symptoms. They can also be passed from a mother to her baby during birth. A woman who has Gonorrhea may have no symptoms at all or her symptoms may be so mild that she doesn't notice them until they become more severe.

A thick white vaginal discharge that resembles cottage-cheese may signify Candida Yeast Infection. Candida Yeast is a treatable fungal infection of the vagina. Yeast infections result from an overgrowth of bacteria in the vagina — the most common being a fungus called Candida Albicans. The main symptom is itching, but you may have a white, thick vaginal discharge that resembles cottage cheese.

Dark brown vaginal discharge can be a sign of an infection, such as Vaginitis. Vaginitis is a broad term for a vaginal condition often characterized by swelling, itching, burning or infection in the vagina that can be caused by several different germs such as the germ that causes Trichonomis. A dark brown vaginal discharge can also be caused by an object such as a tampon that’s been lodged or forgotten in the vagina (yes, this has been known to happen!) It is therefore important that you check with your doctor so that you can determine the exact cause and receive treatment if necessary

Thick yellow vaginal discharge could be due to Cervicitis which is an inflammation or infection of the cervix. There are two types and either may be contagious. Cervicitis is very common, affecting many women at some point during their adult lives especially those with multiple sexual partners, a history of sexually transmitted disease or intercourse that began at an early age.

Many women with Cervicitis may not experience any symptoms at all, however those who do may experience the following:


*Yellow vaginal discharge, that may also be gray or white in color.
*Abnormal vaginal bleeding after intercourse, between periods or after menopause
*Sense of pelvic pressure or heaviness
*Painful sexual intercourse

A grayish vaginal discharge could also be due to Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) and may cause your discharge to be heavier than usual. Your vaginal discharge may become foamy or frothy and have an embarrassingly fishy odor. If your condition is due to BV, then you may want to try an effective natural alternative to antibiotics like Metronidazole that doctors give to patients when BV is the cause of feminine odor.

As you can see, the symptoms of these infections and the vaginal discharge which they produce can overlap quite a bit and can be very similar, so it is important to see a doctor if you have any of the symptoms of abnormal vaginal discharge so you can find out exactly what the cause is and treatment can begin.


16 comments:

  1. May indicate an infection, especially if thick or clumpy like cottage cheese or has a foul odor.vaginal discharge

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello...

    withe discharge is a common problem in woman and woman's are worried for treatment of white discharge.


    visit here :- http://www.aboutherbal.com/female-health/leucorrhoea-treatment/">

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello
    Very useful post for us Woman feel very bad for her It’s very embers problem Leucorrhoea, commonly known as whites, refers to a white discharge causes from the female genitals caused by the presence of infection in vaginal tissue. And herbal is a suitable way to solve this problem .

    ReplyDelete
  4. A thick white vaginal discharge that resembles cottage-cheese may signify Candida Yeast Infection. ??
    Seriously>

    ?
    I thought Vaginal discharge is mostly normal and you need not worry... I need to check with my doctor then

    ReplyDelete
  5. Virginal discharge refers to secretions from the vagina, any sudden change to your discharge may indicate virginal infection but many ladies maybe reluctant to discuss it with their parents or friends seeing it as an embarrassing issue, but there is a permanent cure to it. you can contact Dr. Leonard if you or someone close to you is suffering from virginal discharge, staph, epilepsy, weak erection, etc. on drleonard288@gmail.com or call his no.+2348165814407.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello...
    It’s Amazing
    I like this post
    Women’s are go through many feminine health issues Like white discharge causeswhich make them agitated in their lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fibroid/Vaginal discharge.

    Very useful testimony for Women feel very bad for my wife who suffered from fibroid and virginal discharge. It’s very embarrassing problem Leucorrhoea, commonly known as whites, refers to a white discharge causes from the female genitals caused by the presence of infection in vaginal tissue. Surgery can not solve the problem of fibroid they will surely grow back which i discover herbal is a suitable way to solve these problems because my wife was a victim and we got the cure for both fibroid and discharge from Dr. Leonard, which my wife took for just a month.

    My wife is now pregnant after 8years of marriage . It worth celebrating.

    contact Dr. at drleonard288@gmail.com. If you have fibroid or vaginal discharge.




    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello...
    It’s Nice
    Natural leucorrhoea treatment to treat the issue in the least demanding way, best treatment of leucorrhoea discharge is given by Hashmi Pharmacy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What Your Vaginal Discharge Alerts About

    vaginal secretion changes all through your month to month cycle. You may see conovulation-1trast in the consistency, surface, shading, sum and even the odor, says Nicole Scott, MD, an ob-gyn at Indiana University Health.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Naturally supports a woman's health needs by replenishing your body's "good" bacteria to help you feel and live comfortably while acting as a natural yeast infection treatment Yefense - Natural Cure for Yeast Infection

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks to Dr osaze who cured me of fibroid and virginal discharge, i was diagnosed of fibroid five moths after my welding, my husband almost spent all we had to get rid of the fibroid.
    i was operated on twice surgically by a gynacologist, but the more am operated on, the more the fibroid sufface, one day i went through an online testimony of a person who testify of how she was cured by dr osaze of fibroid.
    and i summon courage to call him, and he administered his herbal medications on me, within two months i was healed. the third month, i became pregnant and gave birth to my first daughther, in case you wants to reach him for a similar problem, you can contact him through his phone number +2349059942347 or email: drosaze39@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What is a white discharge that turns dark/or gray when exposed to air?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing very useful post. Leucorrhoea herbal treatment is proven to be safe and effective to get rid of leucorrhoea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. For years, I have read and seen the advertisements in the mass media about all of the penis enhancement pills and thought that they were all scams or gimmicks. All of the medical sites that I have visited stated that none of the herbal supplements would ever help increase the size of a penis. I got very depressed when I read this, because unfortunately I was not naturally blessed with a penis that was big enough to arouse my sexual partner or past partners. I am a man that is past my sexual primetime and my sexual performance has a lot to be desired. I decided to try Doctoc Akhigbe herbal medicine after all the reading and researching that I have done.I saw a testimony " Joe" about doctror Akhigbe Herbal Medicine Since there is a Money Back Guarantee, I give him a trial what did I have to lose? I couldn't believe the results I was seeing after drinking the Natural  Herbal Medicine  and Herbal Soap to be rubign my penis! he sent to me through DHL courier delivery service . Within about 2 weeks I had a noticeable increase in the girth of my penis. Then after a coupleof aditional week it started to grow in length and I was amazed and very excited.before I finish the drink and the soap my penis had grown an additional two inches. I've had a considerable improvement with my sex life and these pills are certainly worth every penny I spent on them! I want to thank Dr Akhigbe for the time and effort they have spent on helping people in my situation.I know many are out there who are suffering this problem and they need help, email him.    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com.    He also cure other diseases like: . HIV/ AIDS. JOINT PAIN, BREAST ENLARGEMENT. DIABETIES.  HERPES. AUTISM . NO PRIOD.  CHRONIC DISEASES. LUPUS . MALE AND FEMALE FERTILITY. WAST & BACK PAIN. CANCER . DISCHARGE FROM BREAST PAIN, BREAST INFECTION. PARKINSON DISEASES.  WOMEN SEXUAL PROBLEM.  VAGINAL INFECTION. IRREGULAR MENSTRATION , PAIN & ITCHING . LOWER ABDOMINAL PAIN PAIN DURING SEX INSIDE THE PELVIC . PREMATURE EJACULATION.  PAIN DURING URINATION. PELVIC INFLAMATORY DISEASES , VAGINAL DISCHARGE. (PID). DRIPPING OF SPERM FROM THE VAGINAL AS WELL AS FOR LOW SPERM COUNT. TUBERCULOSIS. CIRRHOSIS .    ITCHING OF THE PRIVATE PART. ZERO SPERM COUNT.  ASTHMA.  . ,  EJACULATION. WEAK ERECTION. ERYSIPELAS, DISCHARGE FROM PENIS . HPV. QUICK EJACULATION. HEPATITIS A & B. STD. STAPHYLOCOCCUS + GONORRHEA + SYPHILIS. HEART DISEASE.  PILE-HEMORRHOID. HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE. RHIUMATISM, THYROID, PENIS ENLARGEMENT  .   For your cure email him now:   drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    or Contact his numbe:  +2349010754824.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This article was written by a real thinking writer without a doubt. I agree many of the with the solid points made by the writer. I’ll be back day in and day for further new updates. To see How to Change Route IP Address? PLease check link 192.168.l.l

    ReplyDelete
  16. My name is Angelo Alex I was tested HIV/Herpes positive and I was so worried am I going to die soon. I made my search on herbal remedy for Std, then I found lots of testimonies on how Dr James  Herbal Medicine Cured HIV/Aids, and other diseases like,Yeast infection, Rectum  effects, intestine damage, bowel obstruction, Ovarian disease,  Cancer, hypothyroidism, Herpes, COPD, HIV, Arthritis, Lyme disease,Hpv, Infections,Liver Disease, Autoimmune Diseases, Parkinson's disease,Lupus,Nephrology and Hypertension, Neurology, Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Women's Health, Oncology, Pediatrics, Pulmonary, ACUTE MYELOFIBROSIS, ALZHEIMER's symptoms, BREAST CANCER, DIABETES, HAIR LOSS AND HAIR TREATMENT, KIDNEY DISEASES, LEUKEMIA, MYELOID LEUKEMIA, STEM CELL TREATMENT   On websites sharing their testimonies, which made much more sense to me. All the authors pronounce Dr James As a man with Good Heart, I picked interest in their testimonies and I contact him about my situation then he gave me procedure how it works, I proceed after one week he courier his Herbal Medicine to me and instructed me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure. I received His Herbal Medicine so I drank it for two weeks as I was told then after 2 weeks of drinking his medicine, I went for a test I found out I was cured from HIV/Aids & Herpes Virus, I pay homage to him 2 months ago to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year. I know there are lots of (HIV)/Aids Herpes Virus denials of Herbal Remedy movement the same few doctors and they represent a very small fraction of the community. I could have died because I refused Natural Herbs Cures for so long, but luckily, by the grace of God I am alive to tell my story. Contact Info...Whatsapp Number...+2348152855846,Email...drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete